Friday, 23 November 2012

Happy Thanksgiving Amuuuurica!

Happy Thanksgiving America! And a Happy Black Friday to all those shopaholics. Sadly... I will not be shopping tomorrow as I unfortunately work. Oh well... That's money saved up for my trip to Miami! Yes, MIAMI :) My three closest girlfriends and I are headed down to Miami next week and I can not wait. We have been planning this trip since September.

So talking about being lucky, since it is American Thanksgiving and all, I thought I'd dedicate a post to what I am thankful for.

1. Being here in Florida
2. Having an AMAZING life down here... I am sorry if that makes you jealous... he he
3. ALL the people I meet here from all over the world. Everyone is so much fun, so friendly and so open. I learn something new everyday from these people. I love everyone I meet down here.
4. My job.. I work for DISNEY... my boss is a mouse, come on!
5. How spontaneous life is down here. No plans are ever finalized till the day of... literally..
6. My family and friends back home for being so supportive
7. Red River College... would not be here today if it was not for all of my instructors

I could go on, but the list would take you forever to read.

Basically, I just want to say, I have wanted this job since the first time I heard about it at school. It was about two and a half years ago. I was so scared and timid to apply. But finally, ALAS I did it! And I am here today, having the time of my life. I never would have guessed life down here would be like this. There's so many opportunities you can take advantage of. You live with people from all over the world, you can travel all around the States, you get to go to all the Disney parks, you can see all of  Orlando's attractions, so on and so forth.

Last night, my amazing friend Aimee from Scotland and I went to Magic Kingdom and watched Wishes(the firework show in front of the castle). In my opinion, it's the most magical thing in all of Disney. It is my favorite! I remember when I first was deciding if I should apply for Disney and when I was going through the millions of interviews with them, I would always watch Wishes on youtube. Now, I am doing it live infront of the castle myself.

Ahhhh,

So clearly, I am in a happy and thankful state.

Once again,

Happy Thanksgiving America!

Eileen McDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, Comments, Suggestions? I would be more than happy to hear from you!