Sunday, 7 October 2012

Happy 4 Months!?!

Two days ago, October 5th, was marking my four months of being down here!!! Can you say crazy? Where does time go?!

I seriously am getting pretty scared about how quickly everything happens here. I still feel new! At the same time, I feel like I have been here for quite a while just because how many phases I have been through already. Different friends, different experiences,... you go through a lot in just a short amount of time!

On our fourth month, some girls from my arrival group and other Canadians went out for dinner at VIA Napoli in the Italian pavilion for my roommates "last". Lesley is going home this Friday, along with almost all my other roommates. So we decided to celebrate her completion of the program!

It was such a lovely dinner. The food was soooo delicous and the company was great! We all dressed up and had a good time. The pizza was absolutely delicous. It was very, very thin pizza, and mine was covered in spicy Italian suasage. It was a huge individual pizza and I could not finish it! But then again, I did have to save room for dessert. I got what is called, Zeppole Di Catarina for dessert. Sooo good! They are these little ricotta cheese fritters served with chocolate sauce and whipped cream. Yummmmm. To finish the night, our generious friend Rhys, bought a bottle of Champagne... for everyone ... and for me (the only under-ager) a bellini with sprite instead of alcohol. It was really good... even though I know the Champagne would have been very, very nice.

All in all, it was a great night of  celebrations!

Enjoy and have a magical day!
Eileen McDonald

Me, Lesley, Lindsey, Rhys, Carolina, Laura

And one for the under-ager?!

1 comment:

  1. I'll have a glass of champagne for you in Canada, Eileen! (no need to thank me!)

    ReplyDelete

Questions, Comments, Suggestions? I would be more than happy to hear from you!