Saturday, 15 September 2012

YAAAAAAY! Food Running Here I Come :D

YIPPPEEE!

I just passed both my spiels to my two different managers! Next step, food running!!! So unbelievably excited to be done with all the studying and pre-tests you need to do to get into food running. However, STILL there is no guarantee to service. So now, I need to wait for a food running date. Once I get my food running date I will have a culinary day scheduled and stay in the kitchen as a runner for a few weeks. Once that's done, I'll have to be trained as a server, then do my assessment and serve my managers and trainer.... and THEN, and only then.. if I pass.. I will become a server. A lot of loop holes you need to jump through hey?

I think it is pretty intense to become a server here at Disney, and especially at Le Cellier, however, I think it makes total sense. It is Disney World and on top of that we are a signature restaurant so of course they expect the best from us... but really... it is still kind of crazy. Just kind of.

For spieling, I had to take the lunch menu and pretend my managers were my guests. I introduced Le Cellier and myself as their authentic Canadian server. I talked about Winnipeg, MB where I am from and then gave them a nice tour of our excellent Canadian menu. I had to spiel 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, 1 side, 1 non alcoholic beverage, 1 speciality alcoholic beverage, the unibroues, the moosehead pale ale, sparkling wine, white wine, and red wine. Going through this took me like... 10 minutes (or it sure felt like it). After that was done the managers ask you questions about the menu and such, and then tell you whether you passed or failed. You have to do this two different times, to two different managers.

Once I got the pass from my second manager, I was so ecstatic! I am so happy right now and can't wait to start food running and keep myself a little busier then I am on podium. I always get so anxious at work because I like to keep moving and can't just stand around, so I am really looking forward to be doing something different again.

All I have to do now is wait for my food running date, which will be in weeks from now, but really... I do not care if it's a bit of a wait, I am just happy I finally got to where I am now!

Woooohoooo :)

Enjoy and have a magical day! 
Eileen McDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, Comments, Suggestions? I would be more than happy to hear from you!