Saturday, 25 August 2012

My Family Visits!!!

YAY! Finally!!! After almost three months I finally got to see my family!

On Monday the 13th, my mom, dad, and brother came down to Disney to visit me for a little over a week! I was soooo excited and so happy to see them! Their visit was great- and much needed.

During the week of their stay, we went to the parks (for their first time!) and we also got to go to Clearwater beach, Miami, and Florida Mall. We stayed at the Mystic Dunes Resort which was a very nice suite, must I say! There was a full on kitchen, jacuzzi, and everything. The kitchen for me was the highlight of the room.... homemade meals... mmmmmm! So good. And speaking about food, they brought me ketchup chips and Tim Hortons french vanilla!!! I couldn't have been happier.

Life in Disney is great. Always exciting, something new, someone new, and just so much fun. But I have to admit... so far it has only been a  "Disney" experience and not a "Florida" experience. That is why during the time my family was in, I stayed in their resort to get away from the Disney bubble I sometimes feel I am in! I have had a few friends who have driven me to the beach or around Orlando a couple times... but never enough to feel like I knew Orlando. So having my family here with a car was very exciting for me!

Up until this experience, I have lived at home my whole life. So this is a brand new thing for me. It was very hard at first being away from home. And saying bye to my family for the second time was also very, very hard. But when I think of it, I am going to see them again and I am having the time of my life down here and learning so much. I am actually enjoying the independence thing a little more than I originally thought! Coming down here on your own also forces you to make new relationships and forces you to form support systems on others you may have never of thought before. It's an amazing thing and it really teaches you a lot! About life and about yourself. I cannot say enough times how much I am loving it here and how I am just so excited for what else this year brings me!
Enjoy and have a magical day! 
Eileen McDonald









No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, Comments, Suggestions? I would be more than happy to hear from you!