Wednesday, 22 August 2012

A Disney Trainer!

Wooohoo! Guess what?! I was asked by my manager a short while ago if I would like to become a trainer! I obviously said yes! And was so, so excited about it! Last Wednesday was my first training shift ever! My trainee, Aliah, who has also become a good friend of mine, was my very first trainee. And I must say, I am so lucky to have such a great worker for my first training shift. She did an amazing job and made my job a lot easier. I trained her as a restaurant stocker. Basically, we went over binders with Disneys protocols for the first half hour to an hour, then I took her around the restaurant slowly one time before we were actually scheduled to start so there would be no pressure or extra stress. We then did the job together which consisted of filling side stands up with cutlery and napkins, panning breads, filling up the side stands with wine glasses and side plates and repeating those few duties like robots going around in circles until the servers had enough utensils to set their tables. After two rounds of going around with her, I let her take over completely. She had to tell me which task we would complete first in order of importance and what we were low on and need to stock immediately. She was great with prioritizing! After a few rounds of her calling the shots, we stocked the wine room and the wine fridges. Since we were such an efficient and were an awesome team we had time to go above and beyond! We cleaned up stations that were needed, did menu runs for podium, and we got to reset a table which I showed her how to do for the first time. The night indeed was successful and I absolutely loved restaurant stocker training! Aliah even wrote me a Great Service Fanatic card (similar to a recognition card) for training her. I truly love my job here at Le Cellier. :)

Enjoy and have a magical day! 
Eileen McDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, Comments, Suggestions? I would be more than happy to hear from you!